Everyday Mom's Meals: Fall Football and Bonfires
_____

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Fall Football and Bonfires


Well, there is no denying it. Summer is O.V.E.R.

Okay, so I might be a little melodramatic. I can't help it. As soon as Labor Day comes and goes I feel like it's all downhill from here...at least in the weather department. Sure, we still have some warm, sunny days ahead of us, but soon the leaves will be turning...the chill will return...the rain will come...and then after autumn is over...I can't even bring myself to say it.

I do enjoy fall. I love the pretty colors, the delicious food and all the fun things that return. Fall festivals, pumpkin patches, late night bonfires, and of course football! We are a pigskin loving family, and proud of it! Heck, even the baby is obsessed!


Even if you aren't a huge football fan, most everyone can get behind the food that comes with the game. From tailgating in the parking lot, to gathering around the tv at home, the big game usually comes with something yummy to eat!

Or maybe you like to throw a lot of fall parties. Sitting outside on a warm day, then around the fire once the sun goes down. Those usually come with some delicious treats too.

Either way, I have got something your family, friends, guests, whoever, will love. A little Mexican bite that is perfect in every way.

Oh and if you make a double batch, add some chips and salsa and maybe rice on the side, you could even serve these as a quick, easy weeknight meal!

I know many of you are excited to see the hot days end and autumn return. But I will be over in the corner crying, clutching  my pool toys, sunscreen and shorts.

Green Chile Pinwheels
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
1 (2.2 oz) can chopped black olives
5 8-inch flour tortillas

In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, chilies, olives, and shredded cheese. Stir well to combine. Spread evenly over tortillas. Roll Up. With seam down, wrap in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Chill at least 2 hours. Remove wrap. Trim off jagged edges. Cut into individual pieces. Serve with your favorite salsa for dipping.


No comments: